Saturday, April 11, 2009

*raspberry goes here*

Just a note to anyone who has to have enemas: it is highly recommended (by me at least) that you warm them. Things going up your butt the wrong way is just plain not nice, but it's even worse when they're cold. EVEN BIGGER NOTE!!! Don't make them too hot. This will burn your butt, which is highly NOT recommended. Even worse when butt is already stinging from crapping all day long. If you do accidently burn your butt, crying like a baby until it stops hurting is recommended. If burnt badly (ie, actually burnt, not just a sh!t that's hot, let it cool down a bit), immediate cold water while seeking medical advice/calling an ambo. Burns are not good. Also, note but not related to temperature, if you've got someone who can give you a hand with these evil spawns of the devil, bite your pride and accept that help. You've probably had to bite it enough by now anyway, so it can't hurt for making it easier for you.

Wasn't a hugely happy camper yesterday afternoon. Tired, over it all, issues as vaguely mentioned above.... Not a happy kid. Did however have that ordeal earlier yesterday afternoon, which allowed for a grumpy me to snag the last bottle of James Squire Golden Ale out of the fridge, then proceed on to a home brew Little Creatures. I don't drink much, haven't actually had anything for a few weeks until yesterday, but the odd drink calms me somewhat. I try not to get drunk these days. I know my "oops I'm drunk and can't stop drinking" point comes somewhere through my third drink, just not sure where exactly, so I limit myself to two these days. I'm a somewhat happy, calm drunk (despite only getting tipsy), so it was good yesterday to have those two.

Went to bed about 10 ish, got to sleep a bit before 11, woke up about 8 this morning with only two wake ups during the night. Rather sleepy right now, but it was nice to get a good night's sleep and a sleep in.

I cooked today. Maybe two years ago I was watching a Jamie Oliver show and he made onion soup. I drooled as I was watching that show and I've been itching to try it ever since. So this morning I made The Ultimate Onion Soup (as appearing in Jamie's Dinners, fantastic cook book, go buy it!) for lunch. It actually worked. I've never had onion soup before, but it was nice, and even mum and dad ate some which says something. People rarely try a full serve of my cooking. So far it hasn't had any effect on me, so hopefully it'll be something I can make occassionally (wouldn't want it all the time, but it is nice) when my gut's not so good and it'll be a settling food as opposed to an aggravating one.

Anyway. I think I'm off to the land of nod for a while this afternoon. Loving the long weekend that allows me to do stuff AND catch up on sleep. Normally it's one or the other any given weekend. Today though, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment