Monday, April 20, 2009

Pizza = liquid fire.

I meant to post over the weekend, just by the time I had a few minutes I really wasn't in a good head space.

Friday night was sleepy time. Seriously, 12 hours of beautiful sleep. I loved every minute of it. Yeah sure, woke up a few times, but it was the simple roll over and go back to sleep moments, not the ah Gods the pain! moments. They seem to be fading. Maybe it was just my body getting used to the meds. I hope!

Saturday wasn't feeling too brilliant, just a coldy thing still, but decided I was shopping. Damnit, I need something to keep my sanity. It resulted in a few new bits of yarn, a new mug (which says "If I knit fast enough does it count as exercise?"), a recipe book for Crohn's, Colitis, Celiac (can't spell it, but hey), and IBS. Some nice looking recipes in there, but it's all based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, and most of what I've heard says to take that one with a rather large grain of salt. That, and I can't stand any diet that says I can't have potato. :) Also ended up with another Kimmi Doll, Kaori. Strength. She's one of the ones I've been looking for, so I was quite stoked to find her. Was also informed while I was there by the guy behind the counter that new ones are hitting the store this week, which is awesome because I believe a few of the ones I haven't been able to find are because they're new. I know it can be viewed as wasted money, but it's just something to keep my head up. While it's easy to say to yourself to be strong, and to have faith and belief in yourself, it's a lot harder to actually maintain this, particularly when you're curled up crying on the floor. But having a physical representation of these things kinda helps because you see it through the tears and you stop for a sec to think on it, and that sec turns into a minute and that minute keeps going and it reminds you of what you need to do. At least that's how it works for me, so I view it as a worthwhile waste of money. :)

Saturday night my parents, brother and I went to one of our locals for dinner in celebration of my brother's birthday. They do amazing pizza there, so we got a supreme, meat lovers, and a bbq chicken one to split between the four of us, along with garlic bread. My gods they were delicious, particularly the chicken one. Bbq sauce, chicken, sweet chilli sauce, sour cream.... I think there may have been mushroom on it too. Enjoyed it, and even managed to sit back a few minutes to fully appreciate a good meal. And then the old hag came to play. Spent the next twenty to thirty minutes in the ladies at the local shitting liquid fire. On the up side, I did discover that there were thirty one visable screws on the inside of the cubical door, five different sorts/sizes. To make it even sadder, I could name the different types of screws, and could recognise that they were most likely stainless steel. Drove everyone home, took imodium, and curled up and cried for a little while until The Bill started and made everything slightly better.

Saturday night was hell. Didn't get to sleep until after 11, then the insomniac came out to party at about 2:30 and didn't go home again until after 4:30. My body then proceeded to wake me up before 7. So Sunday was spent wandering around aimlessly, doing the odd bit of crochet and the odd bit of reading, before dying at 7:30. On the upside, I did sleep alright last night. Very tired today though, and rather achey in my eyes, trouble focusing too, but I'm getting used to that.

Must go and pick up a script this afternoon for the Salofalk. Mum dropped it off on Friday but the chemist didn't bother telling her he didn't have any, so I trudged over there Friday afternoon to pick it up and no such luck. Didn't think to tell him while I was there to fill the enemas and the other prednisone, so will have to leave my script there again today so he can fill them. He annoys me with things. This is the second time he's done it to me (not had the stuff and not bothered to tell me) since starting all the new meds, and he stuffed up the dosage (would have had me taking 90mg of prednisone rather than the prescribed 40mg).... Not terribly happy about it all, and I'm placing bets he won't have the enemas (again). Bah humbug.

Still no kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment