Monday, April 20, 2009

Expensive!

After having just done a quick budget, I've come to realise that my new medical expenses (ie, prescription meds and doctors visits alone) are costing me an extra $30 to $40 a week. That's an extra $2k per year. Not to mention the Imodium (which is setting me back $10 to $15 per week), and the Advil for the pain (okay, only about $5 a week, but that adds up!). So really, when I look at that, it's jumped to a possible $60 per week. Just because of the old hag in my gut. That's over $3k a year, or over a 10 year period, a decent sized house deposit.

Add to that extra food because the meds make me stark raving mad if I don't eat more to shut them up, stuff to clear my face up, again because of the meds I'm paying for, and the meds that the doctor is yet to prescribe.

Then factor in the cost of discomfort, humiliation, embarassment. And the time! Time spent chasing doctors and chemists. Time spent in pain. Time spent upset or angry. Time spent enema bound. Time spent getting tests done, running to and from tests and appointments. Time spent apologising to work for having to take the whole day off for tests, despite having no sick leave saved up yet.

And the inconvenience to others too! I'm sure my mother has better things to do with her time than stick enemas up my butt and run me to and from tests when the doctor says I can't drive. Time that (thankfully) work pays me for despite me not being there.

No body bothered to mention all the damn expenses involved with this. This just isn't fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment