Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh look, another blog update.

Urgh. Lack of sleep on Saturday night has finally caught up with me. Posting this, reading, then sleeping.

Slept better last night, only up a few times. Awake a couple more times but able to go back to sleep rather quickly with no issues. Though, did wake up rather upset at one point. Had a dream that my dog (who I had put down 18 months ago and still miss so much) was still alive, but mum was making me put her to sleep (actually give her the needle myself rather than take her to the vet's), so I did and I was crying and I must have started actually crying, not just in my dream, 'cause I woke up and was crying and yeah. Got myself back to sleep eventually after that.

This morning, doped myself up with imodium (seriously, I can see that becoming a deity) and braved the world. Went to the shops with the aim of buying my brother something else for his birthday, a birthday present for a friend's birthday in early May, and a present for myself. All of the above were achieved, along with breakfast. See, the present theory went along these lines. I'm feeling like shite lately with all this garbage going on in my guts, and I thought I really did deserve something for putting up with it (ignore the fact that I'm saving every spare penny for a house). So I thought to myself, if I were someone else giving a present to me as I am right now, what would I get myself? Book? CD? DVD? Kimmi doll. (www.kimmidoll.com or www.kimmidoll.com.au) Despite not owning any, I am absolutely hooked on the idea of them. Trouble was, which one? In the end, the me that was a different person bought the me that is me Choya (Belief). Her spirit is released by believing in yourself and using your gifts to become all you can be. The me who was buying the gift thought when the me who was receiving the gift felt low, or incapacitated by the yucky stuff going on, she could be reminded of who she really is, the person without the disease, and all she is capable of doing and being, and know that everything is going to be okay.

Breakfast was Subway. I can safely say I love a Subway breakfast. And I can safely say that what I order for brekkie never plays up with me. 6 inch bacon and egg on white, with swiss cheese, onion and chipotle sauce. Delicious!

Lunch today was rice, with salt, pepper, curry powder and milk added to taste, and minted peas thrown in while it all cooked. Came out rather like a risotto, and possibly would have been even nicer if I'd used arborio instead of plain old white rice. Still, was nice enough, and I had a bit of left over roast chook to throw in too. At this point, I'm fairly sure it's going okay with the gut. Dinner could be a worry. Left over onion soup went into the mix of a shepherd's pie, along with various other bits and pieces (mum cooked, and while her food is always delicious, as I don't always watch her cook I don't know exactly what goes in it), so we'll see how it goes.

Found some more stuff to attack the blackheads with. Clearasil blackhead control wipes. So hopefully the scrub stuff (Neutragena of some oil eliminating sort I believe) and the wipes will combine to be a deadly force on the invading guck in my face. Bad enough my gut giving me crap, without my face jumping on board too.

Anyway, I believe that's all I had to say today. Stay tuned for the next episode. Will it be a drama? Soapy? War flick? Comedy? Stuffed if I know! Will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment