Friday, April 17, 2009

Not so bad today, and a recipe

Slept well last night. Only woke up once I think. Mind, had taken phenerghan to dry up a stuffy nose, and that stuff knocks me for a six, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Food from last night's dinner (and then left overs of the same for lunch today) seem to be going okay. Apricot chicken, mashed potato, and steamed cabbage and carrot (yes, I'm a nutter who loves cabbage). Recipe for apricot chicken is somewhere below. Have also found a fruit juice that goes okay. Breakfast juice, it's usually got orange and pineapple and apple and a few other bits and pieces in it, and they add various vitamins too. I was worried it would go straight through, or just cause pain, but it didn't. A previous juice - apple, banana and mango - not so fantastic. But it's nice to find a fruit juice that I can have.

Feeling blah at the moment, rather groggy and stuffy and achey. I don't like the onset of colds anymore than I like having the actual cold. *shrugs* Anyway.

No pain while I was eating yesterday, or today, so maybe the other day was just a random. I hope it was, cause that amount of pain is just flat out not good.


Recipe for Apricot Chicken (courtesy of my mum)

Very quick and easy, goes very good with rice, but goes just as good with vegies or whatever else you feel like having with it. Sweet, but not too sweet. Normally, I don't like apricots, but this is an exception. Also looking at trying this with pineapple instead of apricots and seeing if it's any good.

1 or 2 onions, sliced or diced however you like
1 or 2 chicken breasts, cut up in bite size pieces
1 can of apricots in nectar
1 packet of french onion soup, mixed up in about 2 cups of water

Fry onion in some olive oil (or other oil if you'd like, we just use olive oil at home) until starting to colour. Don't let it burn though, keep stirring.
Add chicken, and continue stirring until chicken is cooked and tender.
Add apricots and nectar.
Add soup and water.

It may be a bit runny, if so just mix a small amount of corn flour with some water and add to the mix, this will thicken it.

Enjoy!

PS- Still no kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment