Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just another day with the old hag...

Slept alright last night, only woke up two or three times. Was nice. Gave me a chance to get comfy and curl up under the blankets and actually nod off into a deepish sleep. Annoyed that I woke up at 5 though when my alarm's set for 6. Managed a bit of sleep in that time, just coulda done without waking up that time.

Relaxed a bit yesterday. My brother was away for the night, so it was a bit quieter, and we had curry (!) for dinner. Absolutely love curry, and haven't had it in a while, so I was both really looking forward to it and rather hesitant at the same time. Wasn't sure how it would go with the insides, but it's gone fine. And as a result of my dad forgetting the left overs were there and taking sandwiches to work instead, I get curry for lunch too! Whoo!

Also have a little bit of peace of mind in having found out that the enemas generally do cause a bit of pain and discomfort. While it's still sore, and still not comfy, at least I know it's meant to be like that and I'm not panicking about whether it's doing damage in there or not. Yesterday was also the first time I haven't disolved into a mess over the ordeal too, so hey. There's some ground gained.

Got a little bit of crocheting in last night too before my hands started seizing up. Felt good to work on some of the more intricate stuff compared to the big bulky blankets. The blankets are still good, but the smaller stuff takes a bit more out of my fingers and wrists, so I know if I can do them then the pain obviously isn't so bad. Being unable to work on even the blankets sometimes just makes me cry.

While not dramatically painful, I have noticed the odd chest/stomach muscle pain in the past few days. Not hugely fun, but not hugely painful either. I guess more just a discomfort than a pain, maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10. Also my right leg in particular has felt for the past week or so as though it's about to cramp. Though it's been continually feeling like it, so I continually feel worried that I'm about to get an almighty cramp that's going to render me useless and crying like a baby on the ground. Bah humbug.

Have also put on weight. Definitely a bit rounder in the face, and while I haven't weighed myself in a few days, when I did I'd put on 1.6kgs in a week. A bit sad, because that's half the weight that it's taken me three months to lose. I step forward, 6 steps backwards. *sigh goes here*

No comments:

Post a Comment