Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ow! Not fair!

So I spent most of the night tossing and turning and barely sleeping and dealing with major gas issues. Crawled out of bed this morning, made it to the kitchen and just about curled up on the floor in agony. Pain in a very specific spot (not sure if the place is significant or not, just very pin pointable location) in the lower right part of my abdomen which I'd rate about a 12 out of 10, and more pain at about an 8 out of 10 in about the same spot that hurts when I have the enemas. Pain in my knee was ignorable (which is a first) as I tried to not collapse on the floor. So I sat curled up on the balls of my feet for a minute or so. Options were, fall on floor and not move, or try and stand up and soldier on. Seeing as I have work today, falling on the floor sadly wasn't an option. Pain subsided gradually but there's still a vague niggle of it there now, and this was nearly three hours ago.

A few fingers are a bit sore today, and my wrists, and elbow, and shoulders, and knee, and toes (seriously, wtf?), but I've brought two wheat bags with me today, so I'll heat them up soon and vary where they go. See if I can't make the old hag go away for a bit.

Yeah, I've kinda started referring to it as that. At least in my mind. The name sounds like crone, which always sparks an image of an old hag in my mind, so all the aches and pains and oh dear Gods! moments I think can safely be lumped together into the image of an old hag. Horrible woman who shouldn't burden a 21 year old. I should whack her with her own cane, then we'll see who really owns this body.

Dad's managed to get himself a cold. This is dad, who never gets colds. Me on the other hand, I pick up every single bug that goes around. So I'm having fun trying to avoid this one because I figure if it can take my dad down, it can easilly take me, particularly seeing as the prednisone is an immunosuppressant (don't know how that's spelt, don't overly care).

Speaking of meds, up to my full dosage of Salofalk now. 6 tabs a day, which total 3 grams of the important stuff. Total of 10 tabs a day of stuff to try and treat this, plus the enemas. Oh yeah, plus the crap he's gonna prescribe me next time I see him.

Treatment wise, 2 weeks down, how many to go?

Off to heat up the wheat bags now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment