Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Owwies and Planning

Stocktake of the owwies this morning... Both hands/wrists/fingers. Both elbows. Back. Right hip and knee. Left shoulder and knee. Neck to a certain degree. Also have Crohn's pain (either from Maccas for lunch yesterday or pizza for dinner, I had a bad day) and the coldy/fluey crap that's going on.

Off to see the rhumy tomorrow. Wondering what's going to happen with that. I mean, it's gonna cost me a fortune, and possibly all that's gonna happen is that I'll be told I have arthritis, which he told me last time anyway.

Saturday I'm possibly off to Sydney for the CCA symposium. Will mean an early start, but hopefully dad won't hate me too much if I sleep in the car on the way there and back.

Sunday I'm going to attempt to make it to the local farmers markets. I used to get every fortnight, and then every week when they changed to that, but I haven't had the energy in months now. That needs to change. Planning on doing a stall there one day (it's a craft market too), so will need to be able to drag myself out of bed early enough for that.

Monday is work, then the GI doc. Seriously need off the Pred. Struggling to get out of bed some mornings with the state of mind it puts me in, not to mention all the other delightful side effects I always whinge about. Promise I'll stop whinging about them when I come off the Pred. Promise! :P Hopefully he can get the ball rolling for the Humira too, if the rhumy doesn't do it tomorrow.

And then Tuesday after work (as long as I'm not dead to the world) is the monthly support group thinger. Hoping to go. It's good to know I'm not entirely alone in the world.

So I'm a teeny bit busy for the next week or so. Will probably run myself into the ground and take a few weeks to recover, but hey. That's what I do.

New financial year starts today, so new plans are starting to take shape. Want to do another Tafe course, but not through Tafe. Can't stand the thought of going back there, and besides, I wouldn't be awake enough of an evening, which is my only available time. So I'm looking at paying $1500 instead of $900 and doing a Cert IV in Small Business Management through the distance ed part.

Also hoping to do the market stall, but a lot of planning still needs to be done, and as such it may not happen this year (calendar or financial). We'll see.

Hoping to buy a laptop to be of use with the market stall stuff, but also I want to get back into writing. I used to write a lot, but haven't in recent years. I like the idea of running away with a laptop to a beautiful quiet location and being inspired by that and typing away for however long the computer lasts before the battery dies. Sounds like fun to me.

And my photography. Need to get back into that. I've hardly done any since I did a friend's wedding shots, I just haven't really been motivated to. Need to fix that and get some nice shots again. There's a camera that I'm looking at, it's actually better than my current one spec wise, but the main thing I'm after it for is that it's a compact one, and while my current one is an amazing camera, it's a large clunky one, so it makes it difficult to take it certain places. No point in buying a new camera though if I'm not going to use it.

I'm noticing with this blog that it's becoming more or less my main blog, despite originally starting out as a place for the Crohn's. I was trying to separate the Crohn's from my life, as well as keep my sanity. Neither have happened. :P So I'm not going to bother trying to keep things separate from now on. Random stuff will appear in here, completely unrelated to my bothersome gut, so I guess I'll just tag the Crohn's related stuff with Crohn's and the rest will be the rest. Don't worry, it'll probably still be about the same as it is now, just maybe slightly better tagged?

PS- No kitten. I still really want that kitten.
PPS- Didn't win lotto last night. Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment