Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Meds and Money

Went and saw the GI yesterday after work. Things seem to be going okay. Inflammatory markers are within normal/close to normal. At the request of the rhumy, the Pred has been reduced. Instead of 40mg a day, I'm now on 30mg for a week, then 25mg for a week, then down to 20mg. I stay at that until I see the GI again, in about a month. Am somewhat stoked about this, just still scared that I won't be able to be weaned off it completely.

There was also talk about Infliximab as opposed to Humira. It was mentioned in the letter the rhumy sent the GI, so I guess that's the one they're going to aim for. It also seems the rhumy will be the one dealing with that, because while there's hoops to jump through either way, it seems for the arthritis they're just hoops, but for the Crohn's it appears they like to douse them in flammable liquid and set them on fire. Oh, and maybe blindfold you for good measure too. Not so sure about the Infliximab, but will worry about it when they're actually going to put me on it.

Am sore today. Elbows, shoulders/upper back, and my fingers are going too. Worried slightly that it could be from the drop in Pred. Will have to keep an eye on it. Am very tired too. Need sleep.

Support group tonight. Hoping to make it. We'll see.

Payday tomorrow. And late night shopping on Thursday. There's a shirt I've seen somewhere, and despite it being $70 I can't get it out of my head, I think I'm going to go and get it. Or at least try it on. :)
Plants may or may not be going to appear on my work desk. Am leaning towards those small bamboo plants in the pretty pots, just for ease of looking after, and also because I have a rather not so green thumb. Seriously, I have managed to kill every single plant I've owned, and that's saying a fair bit seeing as the only plants I've ever had have all been cacti.
Am also going to spoil my fish. They've been swimming around in an unfiltered, 6 litre bowl since I got them, along with the two or three plants (which I might add, they've finally stopped uprooting!). There's a tank I'm looking at getting them and setting up over the weekend which is significantly bigger (20 litres), and includes a filter and (I think!) a light. Will also get more plants for them, a different brand of weekend feeders (they're fussy buggers and won't eat the current ones I get for them), and maybe a statue or two for decoration. If they're lucky they might get some live food too. :) See? I'm a good pet owner.

Gargh hands hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment