Thursday, July 16, 2009

Am I breaking?

o.O

Seriously, wondering if I might be slightly broken. In good ways though! Just random little things aren't so much me recently. A bit out of character I guess. I'm wondering if maybe the meds have changed me a little. I've heard that steroids and such (eg Pred) can change you a bit while you're on them, but the changes I've noticed have mostly been since I started backing off them. I mean, sure, I got more grumpy and upset and stuff while I was on the higher dosages, but otherwise I think I stayed the same. Just recently is when I've noticed the changes.

Like things that would normally have me in tears for hours (even before the meds), don't bother me. They just slide past. Or at most I'll cry for maybe a minute then stop. It's strange. And sure, the cranky pants still happen, but not in the same way or to the same extent. I'm a lot calmer too, which feels really weird. I never used to be calm. Never. There was always something ticking over, sparking something in me, but never calm. Decisions seem easier to make too. And not just the little ones. Big, life changing decisions are on the whole easier to decide on. And I'm able to be hard on myself, where as before I just would have decided I was too tired or sore or something.

Eh. Not that I'm complaining about any of this, it's merely observations. And I've got to admit, it is making certain things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment