Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trip to the rhumy...

Went and saw the rhumy today. Surprise surprise, I have arthritis. What actually was a surprise is that I have two different sorts. The first one is some form of inflamatory joint one (didn't give me a name, I forgot to ask), which the Pred is possibly helping. The second one is one that affects the tendons and such, which the Pred is most likely aggrevating. So in a way I was right, the Pred is causing some of my pain. Currently, my xrays help me qualify for Humira, the blood tests don't. However, they most likely will once I'm off the Pred. It just means coming off that first. So rhumy's going to have a chat to the GI, so hopefully on Monday he'll start weaning me off that. And I didn't even have to ask!

In a way no more Pred will be fantastic. No more yucky side effects, and hopefully weight loss will ensue. I am scared however of the possibility of more pain. Yes, pain scares me. I deal with a fair amount of it on a daily basis, but the thought of more pain honest to Gods makes me curl up slightly into the foetal position and my eyes do water slightly at the thought. So here's to me being brave.

So no pain relief given. Apparently nothing much will work anyway, so he's suggested heat packs (which don't really do anything), massage (not really leaning favourably towards letting people poke and prod at the sore parts of me), and gentle exercise (hello? Did you not listen when I said I can't move from the pain?). I've basically just gotta ride it out until they can try and get Humira going for me. And now I'm slightly scared that something will go wrong and I'll either not qualify or I'll have to pay full price (which there's no way on this earth I can afford, no exaggeration) or I'll have a reaction to it and be back at square one.

*sigh* I hate all this guess work. And I really hate everything seeming to go wrong, and then multiply. Bah humbug.

Possibly not going to the symposium either. My brother isn't well and needs trips to hospital every now and then, and it's looking increasingly likely that he'll need to go in over the next few days. Both parents are generally involved with that, and there's not really much of a chance of me driving to Sydney and back on my own. *shrug* Ah well. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment