Thursday, July 30, 2009

The cats are on my side!

So there's this cat that lives somewhere nearby. Beautiful black and white fluffy cat. Months ago, mum and I were outside and it came into the backyard and was meowing and looked scruffy and yeah. Eventually encouraged it to come over and was trying to read the tag on it's collar when dad came out and scared it away (deliberately. Animal hater! And yes dad, I will rub that in any chance I get that you hate the main thing that makes me happy.). Anyway. Said black and white cat no longer comes in our yard when anyone is outside. It does however come and sleep on our comfy outdoor chairs (black and white fur indicates this, as does the occasional glimpse of it as it runs away in the mornings when we turn the light on).

That's the history of the story. The rest of it goes: I want a cat. Dad says no. The other afternoon I couldn't help but laugh. I'd just gotten home from work and was talking to dad in the kitchen, looking out the window while talking. Dad was unpacking the dishwasher so couldn't really see out the window. We have colourbond (metal) fences all around our yard, and occasionally you'll see a cat take a few cautious steps on the top (which is capped so it wouldn't hurt their feet, but it is very narrow) then jump down into a neighbouring yard. While talking to dad, I watched a beautiful brown tabby cat trot along one side neighbour's fence, turn, and start trotting along the back fence. By the time he was half way along I was laughing enough for dad to ask what it was about. I pointed as the cat continued to trot along the fence, and then as if to say "Nyah nyah!", he turned again and trotted along the other side neighbour's fence some distance before jumping down into their yard. All I could say was "The black and white one must have told him not to come in our yard".

...Yeah, not so humourous in the retelling, but it was somewhat amusing at the time. I swear the cats are on my side.

So. Onto the normality of my blogs.

I hate antibiotics. I am sick of crapping liquid (or near enough to it) wrapped in a nice coating of slime. I'm worried in a way though that it's a Crohn's flare and not the antibiotics. I'm getting the Crohn's pains again, and I have backed off the Pred since the last time I had severe problems with the old hag. Though I'm not sure if certain foods are bugging it, and if it were the old hag again then those foods would be causing utter chaos. The thing that bugs me the most at the moment though isn't just that it's more liquified than usual, it's that every single time I go to the ladies my gut/butt decides, "Oh, you're peeing, so you must need to poop too" and I swear it just starts leaking and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Hate!

I did however cave in and read all the fine print on the pamphlet that comes with the antibiotics to see where it said I couldn't have alcohol. Because as everyone knows, antibiotics and alcohol are supposedly a big no-no. But no! I find the bit re alcohol and it just says be careful because in some people it can have adverse affects. But otherwise go ahead! Eat, drink and be merry! So I take that as a thumbs up and off I go. Well.... I allowed myself a drink. Currently alternating each night between Kahlua and gin. Hadn't really had either before, but they were both cheap, and they didn't have my regular rum and I didn't want the other one, so I thought what the heck and bought them and I like them. And there's a lot of ands in that sentence. Oops..... :)

My little black fish still has those big white spots on his side. I'm worried that they won't clear up, the poor thing. Need to turn the water green again soon. I hope it helps him... Otherwise I think they might hate me today. I forgot to turn their light off last night before I left.

Got my money back from my tax return the other day. Just trying to decide whether to spend it on the camera I want or to chuck it in savings. I don't really need the camera, rather just want it, but it could be handy. *shrug* Maybe I can do both.

2 comments:

  1. How about a dog?! (Or is that just pushing it?) Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... That might be pushing it a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete