Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bah Humbug

So what does a bad cold and joint pain and lack of sleep do to me? Makes me a darn heap grumpier than usual for one. Also makes me tired and snuffly and sore too.

Went to bed about 10:30ish, was asleep by 11. 2am rocks around and either my hip (which had decided I needed pain) or my cold woke me up. Bright eyed and bushy tailed. It's now nearly 12 hours later and I'm still waiting to get back to sleep. Which will have to wait until after work. And dinner.

The cold. The evil, shit faced cold. And yes, I'll swear outright. It's been gradually getting worse, but never really anything more than a snuffly nose and a vaguely stuffy head. My throat is butchering me, and I'm having all sorts of fun hearing. Again, this is since 2am. And I now have a drawer of my desk solely dedicated to cough drops. I have Butter Menthols, Eucalyptus and Honey things, and then just plain ol' Eucalyptus ones.

And then there's the joints. Usual whinging about them and the doctors goes here.

I think I may need to march myself off to the GP and get him to give me painkillers and sleeping tablets and something for the cold/flu. I can't see my sanity remaining intact much longer if this all keeps up.

On the other hand, my dosage of Prednisone was reduced again this morning to 20mg. Could other people please do the Yay Happy Dance for me? This involves jumping up and down slightly, though not too much, squealing like a child, waving your arms, and flapping your hands. Grinning like a mad person is also part of the Yay Happy Dance. If it helps, have a strong coffee about ten minutes before doing said dance. I would do it myself, except the above mentioned crap is kinda weighing me down and outweighing the happy.

Mentioned breeding fish at home last night. Surprisingly, didn't get any form of argument from my father. Coulda knocked me over with a feather. I think though that there may be slightly stronger protesting if I went about trying to set a tank up at home though. Eh. We'll see.

Speaking of fish, my fish at work are still going well (albeit unnamed). The little black one still has his white spot on his side, but I don't think it's getting any bigger, so there's a plus. Still, I've made the water go bright green again. It can't hurt, and hopefully it'll start clearing it up soon if I keep the treatment up. Cute little thing. Hope it isn't hurting him. :(

No kitten in the bottom drawer. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment