Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I swear, doctors are evil. Evil I tell you!

Went home early from work yesterday. Just couldn't cope. In pain, shaking, temperature changes, tired, head in a mess. Not conductive for the work environment.

Mum went with me to see the evil doctor person. Which was good in a way because everything absorbed while I was in there then vacated my head afterwards. Bad in another way because the doc talked to her, not me. Get to see him again in four weeks.

So. The good news is I don't have to have the enemas any more. This came about from me going "Pretty please, a thousand times, with a cherry and sugar on top, can I please not have the enemas anymore?". And yes I did use those words. It was that or demand it and I thought maybe a cherry would be nicer than demanding. Also, my inflamation markers were back down to well within normal range or nearly normal (instead of waaaaaaaaay up high in the sky).

The annoying news is that he batted every single side effect (or at least what has been happening to me since I started the meds) down with either a "Yeah, that happens with Prednisone" or a "That's not related to your meds" then promptly ignoring it. The chest pain? Not related to my meds so doesn't bother him. Still bothers me.

The bad news (at least in my eyes). I get to stay on the Prednisone, same amount, no backing me off. And I get to stay on the Salofalk (not such a biggy, but really, I'm not sure what it's doing for me). And he's starting me on Imuran. Mum's getting the script filled for me today. I get to have weekly blood tests with this one, so I'm guessing I need to harden up and get over that fear of needles just a little bit. If the Presnisone and Imuran don't work, I get to look at a fortnightly injection of something (think it's Humira, could be something else though). My iron is still low (though still not anaemic, so that's good) and he was going to put me on iron tablets too, but didn't want me starting two new meds at the same time.

In other fantastic news, the joint pain is apparently not caused by the meds, infact the meds should make it better. Ignore that fact that most of it started after I started taking the meds. So it sounds like I've got the delightful arthritis that comes with Crohn's. I'm also the heaviest I've ever been, despite 5 weeks ago being the lightest I'd been in two years. And! The blurry vision? Someone forgot to mention to me that if you're predisposed to diabetes then Prednisone can start the ball rolling. Blurry vision can be a sign of diabetes. So guess who gets to have her sugars checked? As if one incurable chronic disease wasn't enough.

Slept a little better than usual last night, although woke up about quarter to six to a massive painful cramp in my left leg. So it's still aching from that, and currently my right one feels like it's going to go. I'm tired, and my vision is having fun with me, and my fingers hurt.

In relation to the weight gain, it's a problem. Double chin is now very noticeable (if it wasn't before). Work clothes are also an issue. See, the shirts I wear are the presentable office type ones, with the buttons down the front. Noticed after I got to work today that the shirt I'm wearing today in particular, decides to open between the buttons. Not a good look. So I now face the prospect of going and trying to find shirts that fit and look decent. Sadly, the style and brand I wear now, I know looks alright when I'm five kilos lighter, but sadly it's the biggest size in that style and brand. So I've got the horrible task (and yes it's horrible, I despise it with a passion) of hunting for a whole new work wardrobe. Yuck. Time wasting, expensive, stressful, pointless exercise. Hate.

Room needs doing. Cleaning, rearranging, etc. Too small. Need space. Unfortunately, the only other room in the house that is a possibility isn't a possibility, it's a glorified walk way. So I get to either clean the room, rent, or save and buy. For now, cleaning the room out sounds better. And cheaper. Bah. It's still a teeny room.

Anyway. Off to try and muddle my way through the day. Blergh.

No comments:

Post a Comment