Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update through the pain...

So. Attempting to block out the pain while I'm typing....

Went to see the doc yesterday. This time dad came with me. I was amazed at the difference in the doctor this time. He's gone from being Doctor Useless to Doctor Informative or Doctor Caring in the snap of a finger. Maybe he's a bit old school and prefers to talk to blokes. *shrug goes here* Dunno, but it was much better. Anyways. Blood tests and pee tests done last week indicate that there is no rhuematoid arthiritis present, however he did say that the arthitis you can get with Crohn's mimicks it rather than actually being RA. So he's trying to get me in to see a rhuematologist. Was going to phone him today and get back to me today (see below). Also said he won't put me back on the Imuran seeing as the headaches are gone (or at least much better now), which indicates that it was the Imuran causing them. Sadly, this means longer on the Pred, and no backing off it at the moment. It also means he needs to come up with an action plan or something of the sort in conjunction with the rhuematologist in order to treat the arthritis, and also look at getting me onto Humira, which would be awesome in a/treating the Crohn's, and b/getting me the hell off the Pred. No pain relief prescribed. :(

Woke up with my hands still in a degree of agony today. Don't quite understand why as I rested them all day yesterday. Still. Got sorted, went to work. In pain. And it continued to get worse. I lasted 45 minutes before asking if I could leave. Very grateful to the people I work with, very understanding.

About to leave, and my boss had a chat with me. Apparently there was a meeting yesterday which I missed about our work hours and such. Nothing to do with my medical stuff, but because we've had bugger all work coming through lately everyone's being cut back to a three day week instead of the normal five day week. Not hugely shocked by it, well, surprised a little, but it has been extremely quiet. Just a little worried about money and such. Mind, it's not as though I'm capable of working a five day week at the moment with my hands how they are anyway. Just wondering how things'll go with less money, more time to spend it, and more things that I'll have to spend it on. Hopefully things'll go okay.

Was driving home this morning and my phone rang. Doc had phoned the rhuematologist (rhumy from now on because my hands hurt and my spelling is probably wrong). Unfortunately, a/ rhumy wasn't in office until this arvo, and b/he's not able to see anyone until August. AUGUST!!!! That's six to eight weeks of agony before I even get to see the guy! Doc did say however before I could get upset with him (not his fault, I know, I was just starting to goggle over a 6 week wait) that he would write a letter to him, fax it through, and would contact me again tomorrow in the hope of getting me in quite a bit sooner. So hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good news. All I know is I can't survive the pain for that long without some form of relief.

So yeah. Not a fantastic day really. Very very painful, and I'll still not sure why. They're normally a bit better after a day of rest, but they've gone the other way. Stupid hands. Anyone like to trade for a bit? Also, coldy gunk kicked back in a little while ago, so feeling all gluggy in the head and nose too. Blergh. It's raining. Which would possibly add to a bad mood, but I like the rain, so it's a positive. As a result of the hands though, I have spent the day mooching in front of the tv (it hurts to hold a book right now). Dvd of 300, then Dr Phil (crap show, but hey), then Oprah (wow mid day tv is just so exciting!), then Ready Steady Cook (a show I actually don't mind). And now this. Despite the agony, it needs typing. I'm sure there's one or two people at least who read this and possibly want to know what I'm doing, and it helps me keep track of things, so yeah. It is important.

And because I'm only going to be at work three days a week and probably home the other four, I'm looking to bring my fish home rather than on my desk. I'll get a plant or something that's easier to look after if others have to water it or whatever. It also means the fish can have a bigger tank (scrap that, they get a tank as opposed to a bowl), and a filter (zomg!), and if they can behave and stop pulling their plants out then I might get them some more of those too. Spoilt fish they are. ;D But they're cute, so they're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment