Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rhumy update

Was meant to go to work yesterday before going to see the rhumy, but some delightful driver decided to run me off the road then continue as if nothing had happened (hope he got fired or had a very shit day). Another driver stopped and made sure me and the car were okay, but yeah. Scary crap. Took the first left, pulled over and bawled and howled like a baby. Parents came and rescued me, so I had the day at home.

Also went and saw the rhumy. Sending me for x-rays and blood tests and such and is seeing me again in two weeks. I actually didn't mind this doctor. Heck, I'll say it 'cause I don't say it often, I liked him. As far as doctors go, he's nice, and he seems to know a fair bit about the Crohn's too, not just arthritis. Anyway, he did all the flexibility things (apparently I'm rather flexible), and I amused him when he said to lift my arms as high as I could and I got them level with my shoulders before the fat started hurting (there's a fair bit more there at the moment than I'm used to, and it does kinda hurt occasionally), and when he asked why I said ow I told him the fat hurt. He wasn't quite sure how to respond to that one. :)

Anyway. Basically, I've got some inflamitory sort of arthritis as opposed to degenerative (so in my eyes it's the better of the two). He's mentioned Humira as well, so it looks like I'm heading down the self-injecting track. Just hoping I can get the pens instead of the needles. Really can't stand needles. Speaking of, had two cortisone injections (one in each shoulder) which should hopefully help settle things down and help the pred settle the inflamation. So my shoulders are rather stiff and sore, but my hands are working a teeny bit better today.

Anyhoo. Just thought that stuff was worth posting up here. Nothing much else happening, apart from that cold thing still lingering. Snuffy and stuffy and blergh today. Hopefully Red Bull and telfast can fix that for later on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment