Friday, June 5, 2009

Update of sorts

So I made it to work on Wednesday. Took script for Salofalk to chemist after work. Went to pick it up and was told sorry, it won't be in until tomorrow. Fine, no worries.

Thursday, yesterday, off work again with the pain, so because sore hands equal uselessness, I got to sit there watching Oprah. Dear Gods. Mum also went to pick up the Salofalk and he'd only ordered one box instead of the two on the script. She also took me to a different (read better) chemist later on and I now have wrist strap/support thingers. They seem to help a little in that they keep body warmth in and that seems to limit the pain in the wrists a little, but they do nothing for the fingers, which is sad. Massive headaches yesterday, as well as worrying bouts of dizziness. Though, the nausea hasn't been back since I stopped the Imuran.

Today, I'm braving work again. Still sore, but I need the money, and a feel useless and unreliable by taking so much time off. Also have to drag myself back to the chemist today (day three of the Salofalk saga....) to get the second box. Won't be getting him to fill anymore scripts. There's been too many dramas with my meds that I'm just not happy with. Lucky there's a few others sort of nearby.

Out of sequence I know, but Tuesday night I went to the support group ran by CCA (Crohn's and Colitis Australia). First one in a few years that they've had. I think there were six or so of us there that had Crohn's or Colitis, one of whom bailed early with a look of terror on her face (her partner had a look of disgust on his). Three of us have the same doctor. It was good to be there. I wasn't sure at first if it would be worth it, but we basically just sat around sharing our experiences (which in my case is limited, but hey). It was interesting and actually really helpful to hear the others' stories, they all varied from a guy not much older than me to a retiree who had one of the first ops for it back in 1980 or 1981. I thought that because everyone with IBD has a different story that it would make me feel more alienated and more alone, but it did just the opposite, made me realise that there are others out there. Yeah, okay, I knew that, but meeting some of them made it a bit more real and a bit more dealable.

Am also thinking on doing some fundraising for CCA. Toying at the moment between a Krispey Kreme fundraiser thing (sort of like a lamington/pie drive), or selling my candles and the profits go to CCA (sort of a cheesy 'light at the end of the tunnel' thing if people need a link between candles and crappy bowels - pun intended). Fundraising would give me something to do, and also provide me with hope that maybe through me doing something there will be a cure in my lifetime. It's highly doubted, but one can hope, no?

Weekend, I will be attacking shops. Clothes, and also The Sims 3 came out in Oz yesterday, so I'll be hunting for that and hoping that places haven't sold out yet (yes, I'm a massive Sims geek).

Haven't really come accross any fantastic recipes lately, and the only real food discovery I've had is that store bought potato salad = bad. *shrug* Just means I have to make my own. What a shame. :P

Also, links below! ACCA is the old name for CCA, and the forum is fantastic, even for lurkers like me. ^_^

http://www.acca.net.au/

http://www.ibdaustralia.org/forums/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment