Sunday, July 18, 2010

All aboard the Humira train!

Not dead! Promise.

Managed to poop in a jar. Still don't know the results of that. And had the ultrasound thing done. Ultrasound shows everything in the upper abdo to be normal. Blood tests? Thing that's meant to be under 6 is back down to 9. From 179 a week before (a few days after the oh-Gods-I'm-dying pain originally kicked in).

In other good news? Humira! Yay! The dumbass government finally decided that seeing as I couldn't keep food down (or brush my teeth properly without heaving) and had what was a very good dopelganger for pancreatitis with the 6mp, that they'll let me go on Humira. Scraipt is apparently in the mail on the way to the GIs and hopefully I'll be starting it soon after that.

Downside? Doc is insisting that I get taught how to use it by nurses at the hospital my brother died in. Considering I've been told that any chemist/pharmacist with half a brain is capable of showing me how to use it, I'm rather tetchy with the doc over this. He just would not budge on it, even when he knew the reason why. Eh. Shit happens I s'pose.

Still fatigued a fair bit/normal for me, and the joints are still twinging, but fingers crossed (everything crossed really) that the Humira will help that too.

Bring on the world! I'll be human again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment