Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm a real girl!

Yup. Pinocchio voice and all while I'm saying that. Had my first lot of Humira today. All four injections. I gave three of them to myself!!!! Trust me, when you realise how terrified of needles I am, you will understand that the exclamation marks are necessary.

The three that went in my gut surprised me. I had a good howl and sob prior to the first one, dried my eyes, and then went, huh? Is that it? Didn't feel the first bit of the needle, and it's more just a pinching feeling (and even then not bad) towards the end of the needle. Finally, I approve of my belly fat. As a matter of fact, I've found a newly discovered love for it. Then the one in the leg. In a movie, a reversing truck would have been conveniently placed at this part. NEVER AGAIN! I do have lovely flabby, wobbly legs, but clearly I must have found the one spot that didn't have the cotton wool protection of flubber. It hurt, I cried. I highly recommend the stomach. Feeling slightly nauseous a few hours after, took a maxalon left over from the 6mp fiasco and seem fine with it now. No itching, redness, soreness what so ever.

In other news my darling black moor gave up the ghost on Sunday morning. Thursday night he was black and scaley, by Friday morning he was white and fuzzy, particularly near his head. Dad finally decided on Sunday that I'm permitted to get a larger tank. This morning (Tuesday), I notice Fatty is looking slightly less calico and slightly more white and fuzzy, particularly around the head. Have everything crossed, but seeing as the moor didn't respond to medication in the iso tank, I'm not holding my breath. Also, I know most people are thinking 'Who cares, they're just fish'. I love animals, and would love to have a cat or dog or multiples of each. My dad isn't so much an animal person (see: views them as a waste of time/money/space), so to me, my fish have become something like surrogate cats and dogs. Rather attached, so it kinda hurts when I'm unable to look after them properly due to unfair restraints.

Anyway, otherwise life isn't too bad. Still absolutely dead on my feet, and the joints are still sore, but fingers crossed things will improve with the Humira.

Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment