Thursday, April 25, 2013

So when my lovely anaesthetic really started wearing off I started having a little fun.  Monday arvo/evening I started pooping liquid like a trooper.  Worse than the Sunday night when the prep gear was going through me.  Pooping and pain and lovely pretty stars sparkling in my eyes while we're at it. Oh and nausea.  Eventually doped myself on panadol and imodium and put myself to bed.  Had Tuesday off work as well on the doc's recommendation, and for once I'm glad I listened.  Still wasn't brilliant on the Tuesday, sore in the belly and quite comfortable to sook on the sofa for the day.  From memory I didn't end up this sore with the last few, so fingers crossed there's nothing the matter in there.

Anyway.  Today's a public holiday here in Aus (ANZAC Day, lest we forget), so no work today.  Been giving the better half a hand with his uni assignments today, and baking.  Made some choc chip, peanut, chocolate cookies, and have made up a batch of plain cookie dough and stuck it in the fridge for the weekend.

I used to bake a bit when I was younger, just simple cakes and cookies, but then towards the end of school assignments got in the way, and then when school was over life got in the way.  I've been cooking a bit more recently, and I'm remembering just how much I enjoy it.  When I'm cooking I'm looking forward to the looks on peoples' faces when they're enjoying my food, so I get the double enjoyment of imagining it and then experiencing it.  Oh yeah, and the 'chef's treats' while you're cooking.  :)  Possibility of photos when I get off my butt and stick my photos on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment