Saturday, April 6, 2013

Just an update

I ended up taking myself off the flagyl after all.  I was getting bad stomach pains and was over being sick all the time.  After a week off it I'm glad I did stop it, the nausea and vomiting has almost completely gone away, and I've managed to work the week (hooray for an income!).

I think today is day 14 of Prednisone (50mg), I can't quite remember now but give or take a day.  It's also day 4 of near migraine style headaches and extremely tight and sore jaws.  It feel like there is a vice just below my temples and it just keeps getting tighter.  The headache is all over, but mostly right in the middle of my forehead and temples.  

And I've now been back on Salofalk for 4 days now (the headaches and jaw pain started before I started the Salofalk).  So I'm now on pred (50mg), salofalk (2 tabs twice a day), and humira.  Still getting stomach pain, horrid diarrhoea, slime and blood.

Also very tired and starting to have trouble with sleep a little.  Heaps of hot flushes, though I'm over the moon that the munchies haven't kicked in yet.  I haven't really been paying attention to my weight, but I've not gone ape with food so hopefully things won't get too bad like last time.  I'm determined to turn the pred on it's head this time and lose weight rather than gain it.  My joints are starting to ache a little, I just hope they don't get too bad.

The doctor is hoping that the combination of pred and salofalk will kick the humira back in, but in all honestly he doesn't sound confident.  He mentioned the possibility of Infliximab infusions, and vaguely mentioned the possibility of surgery.  I think he's hoping something will work before it comes to cutting me open.  Fingers crossed hey?

I'm not dead in the water yet this time, but there's still the little voice in the back of my mind that sits there niggling, telling me it'll only be a matter of time before the meds turn it all ugly.  I think I'm finding it easier to stay strong this time around though, having the wonderful man in my life that I do gives me the most amazing boost.  He was aware from early on that I have the Crohn's and that it was treated with meds, but it's one thing to know that and another to experience someone flaring.  He's being such a strong person, and his support is priceless.  I asked him the other night what he thought when it all kicked back in, and was given an answer  of "it didn't really phase me".  I don't think I can convey exactly how much it means to me to have him here, all I can say is thankyou darling.  I love you.  <3 div="">

No comments:

Post a Comment