Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's a small world after all.....

Yep, just had to go and implant that in your brains.

Meanwhile, yes, a small world, a small world of pain that is. To my recent memory (that is the past few months) I have had one weekend (read three days) where my pain was tolerable, even to the point of being gone. I went away that weekend. It was cold. Like -4 degrees C cold. I skipped. I jumped on the crunchy frosted leaves.  I ate food that I just plain should not have gone near. I rather liked that weekend.

Now that I'm not in the wonderful cold land where my pain seems to disappear (Canberra, I do so love it, will move there one day), my pain is back. Joint pain is there. Normal Crohn's pain is there. Random pain just below the middle of my ribcage that feels as though Wolverine has decided to punch me repeatedly is there, blades and all. And now I have this delightful back pain that I have no idea what I did to cause it. All I know is it's causing me to wake up in pure agony of a night bawling my eyes out. Hurts somewhat worse than it did when I spent the night in hospital after a car crash. Hurts to breathe.

But you know what? I get to just shut up and deal with it. I've had people pull up extremely short of calling me a hypochondriac, and the same said people pull up again extremely short of telling me I'm a nutcase and it's all in my head. I've also been told to stop taking so many pain killers (Note, taking no more than the max daily recommended).

Also been knocked back for Humira. Long story short, random doctors lied to me (what a surprise), and the Government has delightful double standards. Eg recognising something as a side effect, acknowledging it as a reason to stop taking it if it was prescribed for illness A, but not if it was prescribed for illness B. Have been put on 6mp, and have watched it increase the diarrhoea, possibly increase all that wonderful chest pain, and it's possibly causing the wonderful nausea that I've had that keeps getting worse. Can't brush my teeth or swallow tablets without throwing up. Then again, the nausea could just be from the cold that I've managed to pick up somewhere.

Dear world: Had enough, fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment