Friday, May 14, 2010

Stupid Old Hag

Happy birthday to my goldfishies!!!!  :P  Didn't get around to making them a cake, but will as soon as I have the chance/can eat cake again.

Now to non fish news.

Started my new job this Monday.  Week one down!  Struggling a bit, really know nothing about the industry, or the role really, and I still don't understand half the stuff I need to know and the woman who is teaching me the stuff is going away for a possible three months, two at the minimum.  Will soldier on though.  Need the money, need to keep a job.

Also went and saw the new reumatologist Monday arvo.  Took blood test results from the last 12 months as well as the x-rays that the idiot doctor did last year.  Finally, a doctor that can restore a little bit of faith in me.  He rang my GI while I was there, and brought my appointment forward with him to the next day, and they're pushing for the Humira.  Reumy is confident that if the GI can't get it with the Crohn's, he can get it with the joint pain.  Maybe there are gods.....

As mentioned, saw the GI on Tuesday arvo.  I'd had a cold recently, and also stomach pain.  Wasn't sure if it was from the cold, or from damage from the ibuprofen, or from Crohn's.  Stopped taking the nurofen, and hello liquid.  Stomach pain is quite severe sometimes, and everything is going straight through, to the point where recognition of the last meal is incredibly easy.  Food just isn't being digested, and is very obvious as to what it is later on.  Slime is back, and a teeny bit of blood.  It's the pain that's worrying me the most though.  Also have absolutely no appetite.  Only eating to keep everyone else happy really.

This weekend I get to undertake a delightful diet again, only to be knocked out and have things shoved in all sorts of delightful places on Monday.  For those new to my blog, I refer you now to the first or second entry of this blog, one of them details the delights of this and saves me redoing it.

Also been put on Flagyl for a while, just incase all the Crohn's symptoms are not actually the old hag, but an infection instead.  Rather ticked off about this, because the doctor admitted there's a 99.99$ chance it's the Crohn's flaring, but just to be on the safe side, I get to miss out on my stress relief (aka a nice bottle of Bundy rum) for the next week or two.  Bah humbug.

Had blood tests done again the other arvo.  Had to get jabbed three times.  My good vein decided to go to sleep again, so they had to use the other arm, and then they forgot to get some for some particular tests so had to jab me again.  I think they were rather inexperienced 'cause they kept jiggling the needle (probably unintentionally) and so it hurt and bled around the needle while they did it.  Now also have some lovely bruises and track marks on both arms......

Also have to go and get chest xrays to confirm I've not had TB before.  Apparently just some pre-Humira check or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment