Sunday, August 9, 2009

...blergle.

Help.

There. I said it. Help me, damnit!

Pain. Was meant to have a short week at work last week, with it being slow and all, but was offered the chance to go and play in stores (rather than my normal office work) on Thursday and Friday. It's an opportunity I relish because the day just goes so much faster, and it's something different, and I would have been paid for it as opposed to taking holiday leave or taking the days unpaid. Thursday, got up and got ready for work. Knees, hips and back had other plans. Ended up taking both Thursday and Friday off, and instead of getting better everything is just getting worse. Pain inventory stands at; neck, back (lower and upper), elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, knees, ankles. And throw in a headache for good measure.

Crohn's. I feel like I'm preparing for a colonoscopy. Damn, even the picoprep didn't quite work as effectively as whatever it is that's making me poop. Thought things would improve when I came off the antibiotics. Sure, no slime, and there's no blood, but hello waterfall from my butt! Yes, I know, way too descriptive, but at the present second I really don't care.

Continually on the verge of crying lately too, and I don't think I can blame the Pred for that, seeing as I'm easing off it. I'm stressing about random crap too. There's a lot of stuff going on lately that I just don't want to deal with, or would like someone to help me deal with it, and it's just not happening. Feeling muchly like I'm losing it. Just so many things that I shouldn't be crying over and yet it happens.

So yeah. Somebody? Please? Teeny bit of help? Just maybe before I turn into a complete basket case? So fed up with the pain, and the inconveniences, and not being me anymore.

1 comment:

  1. you don't happen to do yoga, do you? i know that adding something to the list of things to do (as opposed to resting) may be the last thing you want to here (it sure as hell is for me)... but in all seriousness, yoga has been my solitary relief in the past - it distracts from the pain for at least a short (and commonly, residual) time while you calm your nerves. it helps me regain composure.

    i'm also going through a period of stress over what the current flare is doing to my lifestyle. this includes frequent and spontaneous bouts of crying over nothing (which is TOTALLY out of character). i've decided that crohn's has a unique ability to compound stress and anxiety in a way that few other chronic illnesses do.

    stop by and let me know. nice to meet you, fellow ragamuffin.

    ReplyDelete