Monday, April 22, 2013

Update Time

Oops.  This is what happens when I leave it a few (a lot) days between blog posts.  Things happen.

So.  Med wise I'm still on the pred, still stabbing myself fortnightly with Humira, and have been bumped up to 6 tabs a day of Salofalk.

Am also currently sitting at home recovering after a probing.  Yup, another colonoscopy.  Prepped over the weekend; limited food intake on the Saturday and the ever so wonderful approved clear fluids on the Sunday, then nil by mouth from midnight and probing this morning.  Glad it's over with.  Apparently there's not much amiss up there though, so the doc is a little miffed.  He did try to make mention of the enemas again, and I'm sorry but even when I'm doped to the eyeballs on anaesthetic I'm still going to tell you exactly where you can stick those, and it ain't anywhere near my butt.  I get to go and see him in a week, so maybe there'll be a new plan of attack by then?  Crossing my fingers.

I've been trying to keep myself occupied and keep my mind off things.  I've been attacking the garden among other things, my greenhouse is now mended (had a few nasty holes in the shade cloth) and my pots have been moved into there from the older, more falling apart greenhouse.  My vegie patch is now ready for plants again, full of poop and the walkways are now obviously walk ways.  And the grapefruit tree got cut down.  I feel a little sad by this, judging off it's size it's been here forever and a day, and the neighbours have memories of the little old lady who used to live here and her grapefruit.  At the end of the day though, it's the second year in a row that every branch has been weighed down to the ground with fruit and it's the second year in a row that every single fruit has been riddled with fruit fly.  Considering I don't really eat grapefruit, and I'd really value not getting fruit fly in the rest of my fruit and veg, I reckon in the long run I've done the right thing.

I've been making plans to redo bits of the house, take the carpets up and polish the floor boards (hello sock sliding!) and trying to work out just how to go about removing wall paper and wood panelling.

And then I've been busy with the crocheting too.  Yes, little old granny in a 25 year old body.  Some days I even feel old.

And I've been experimenting in the kitchen and using my wonderful better half as a guinea pig.  Poor thing, some of the flavours I throw at him I'm surprised he even lets me near the room, let alone do anything in it.  The things that keep you sane huh?

Anyway.  I'm off to snooze a little, still very tired and a bit woozy after my probing this morning.  Thankfully was only one end this time and not both.

Hope everyone is well, and will hopefully update a little more often.  (Though please don't hold you're breath, you should know what I'm like by now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment