Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

So I'm a little late here, but Merry Christmas to everyone, and hope everyone has a wonderful and safe silly season. :)

Christmas was a little bit down cast with the family this year (Australia = Christmas today). Not only do I have the Crohn's and various other crap (no pun intended), but my brother has disabilities. He's never had seizures before, but last night he had an ever so delightful one that saw two amazing paramedics arrive (seriously, angels, and I can't thank them enough) and cart him off to hospital in an ambulance. He did make it home a few hours later, and so Christmas did happen, it was just scary as shit when it happened (the noises would have been enough alone, not to mention afterwards he couldn't talk or move for a while and didn't remember any of it later) and no one really got much sleep last night as a result. Did discover however in the absence of a lovable human or a pet to curl up with a bawl and howl like a lost, scared child, a childhood teddy bear, a glass of wine and an amusing action flick (enter Mr and Mrs Smith) will suffice for comfort.

In the weight arena, I'm lighter than I was last Christmas which is bloody fantastic in my books (82.2 kilos!). Still a teeny bit of the Pred weight to go, and then I'm back to my old battle with the original weight issues. I'm so sad about the stretch marks that have been a consequence of the meds, particularly as there was no warning, but I suppose there's not a great deal I can do about them.

Last few days have been a bit icky with stomach pain and randomly running through the house trying to find an empty bathroom, which you would assume would be an easy task when there are three in the house. You assumed wrong. Most likely this is a result of going away from the low fructose diet. Been eating waaaaaaay more bread than usual, along with a gazillion other things (like my beloved onion). Looks like I need to watch what I eat. Again. Sigh.

Anyway. As mentioned above, hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas, and a safe and happy New Year (because if you know me, I'll forget to get my sorry white butt back on here before then! :P ).

3 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays! Seizures are really scary. I hope your brother is okay. I've never done the frutcose thing, does it work? It seems way too hard...i.e. too much trouble for me to really do. And I never cook. Don't really know how..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Congrats on the weight, and all my best to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for the well wishes, and hope your holidays were fantastic.

    Lindsey, I'm fairly sure the low fructose diet works, but that could just be because I've got the fructose malabsorbtion as well as the Crohn's, though I have heard a lot of Crohnies benefit from a gluten free diet too. Low fructose is similar to gluten free, though there's a few fruit and veg that can be problematic too. I'll try and wake up enough to do a proper post on it soon.

    ReplyDelete